Friday, July 1, 2011

Never ending cycle

I am so exhausted most nights.  My husband works 7 days on (6a to 6p) then off 7 days and then 7 days of nights (6p to 6a) then 7 days off. Me?  I work all kinds of hours.  I work for a cellular company in a mall so I work some days 930a-9p, or 11-9, or on Sundays I work 11-6.  I'm all different hours, every single week.

When I come home most nights at 9 or 930, I am exhausted but there is a ton to do.  The week my husband is on nights is my most productive night.  I come home and usually dunk my little girl in the tub.  While she is bathing, I clean up the kitchen and do laundry in between picking up things around the house.  I get her out the tub and snuggle her while I read her a bedtime story.  We talk about the day she had and I then put her to bed.  I finally get some time to sit and relax in peace and quiet.  Once she is asleep, which doesn't take long--then I'm in overdrive.  Swapping laundry batches, folding, hanging the clothes as they come out the dryer.  Did she pick up her stuff in the bathroom when she was done bathing? Did she remember to pick up her supper dishes (She usually does pick up behind herself but I have to check)  Are my husband work undershirts clean?  Should I vacumn now or later?  Dust now or later?  What's for supper tomorrow?  So many questions run thru my head.

Here I am at 11:15 at night and my child is at her nanny's for the weekend and my husband is asleep but I can't seem to find the motivation to lift the leg rest on my chair much less pick up the laundry littering the coffee table, all folded and hung ready to be put away.  The kitchen is clean but man clean pots/pans/towels litter the counter begging to be picked up.  I don't even have the energy.

How can I have so much energy when I'm home alone and have to do it all alone, yet when my child isn't here and my husband is asleep--I can't do jack crud!

I am trying to blog more.  I miss it. It is so therapeutic to write out how you feel and what you hope to improve on.  I just wish I had another set of untired legs to use when I come home at night after working 10 hours on your feet all day.


Good night all! Hope I still have some readers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment